Like all other systems in a Salida CA home, garage doors need regular maintenance. Timely upkeep ensures the system’s proper function and prevents the need for costly and time-consuming repairs in the future. However, even with proper care, there may be times when it’s necessary to seek professional help. Here, local homeowners will learn a few signs that it’s time to call an expert.
The Garage Door is Not Secure
Security is one of the most important aspects of a functional garage door. With the garage being one of a home’s major access points and the gateway to many crimes, any security gaps may lead to a burglary or break-in. By scheduling garage door service in Salida, homeowners can upgrade their security features for additional peace of mind wherever they are.
The Door is Making Odd or Loud Noises
While even the quietest doors make some noise, some sounds aren’t normal. If your garage door is making squealing, grinding, or scraping noises, it’s not normal; it’s time to call in a repair specialist. Such sounds are typically indicative of bigger problems, such as damaged springs and loose opener chains.
The Opener Has Stopped Working
If a Salida home’s garage door opener isn’t doing its job, there’s an issue that must be addressed immediately. Our garage door repair technicians will examine the opener and determine the nature of the problem. Some of the most common issues are:
- Photo-eye misalignment. Garage door openers have photo eyes that must be aligned. If they’re not lined up properly, the door may not close and open the way it should.
- A failing garage door opener. With time and use, a garage door opener may not work as well as it once did. If it’s over 15 years old, consider replacing it.
- Broken springs. A garage door’s weight is balanced by springs. If a spring breaks, the door may not close or open properly.
- Door gaps. If there’s sunlight coming in through a garage door’s sides or bottom, there’s a big problem. Garage door gaps are caused by various issues, like worn weatherstripping and door misalignment. No matter what’s causing the door gap, we’ll find it and fix it.
- The door is off its track. A garage door that’s gone off track will cause serious damage to itself and the opener if it’s not repaired. Our technicians will put the door back on the right track and get it working again.
- It’s more than two decades old. If a Salida home’s garage door is nearing the 20-year mark, it might be time for a garage door replacement. Though garage doors can last for a very long time, they all eventually wear out and must be replaced.
With a new garage door, the area’s homes become more secure and energy-efficient. Call today to schedule a consultation with one of our installation specialists.
There’s No Battery Backup
Storms come with the risk of power outages, and a garage door without a battery backup may leave an owner locked out of their home. Even under optimal circumstances, it may be necessary to lower and raise the door by hand, which can be dangerous. We can install a battery backup to keep the system secure and easy to use, even during power outages.
Installing a Keypad
Many of today’s garage door openers come with exterior keypads for easier access at any time. Most keypads use PINs, but some come with upgraded security in the form of a fingerprint scanner. When homeowners want more convenience and easier family access, a keypad is a great solution. Call us to learn how this low-cost option will make your new garage door more usable.
Which is Better: Do-It-Yourself or Professional Garage Door Repairs?
Many homeowners in Salida try to repair their garage doors in an effort to save a little money. However, these repairs are complex and sometimes risky, so they’re better left to the experts. Our technicians have the experience and training to do the job the right way, and they also have the parts and equipment to complete even the most complicated repairs.
Trying to fix a garage door without the right supplies and tools isn’t a good idea. DIY repair methods may cause additional damage to the opener or door, and they might put your safety at risk. Just don’t do it! Call us to schedule a service visit instead.
At Dependable Overhead Door Co, our technicians are skilled and knowledgeable in all aspects of garage door service, replacement, and repair. We serve Salida, California, as well as the surrounding communities. If it’s time to repair the home’s garage door, we want to help. Request additional information online or call today to schedule service. We look forward to meeting you soon.